Thursday, April 2, 2009

5 weeks and counting!

So, want to hear something crazy? Josh and I will be moving back home to Arizona, the perfect state, in 5 flippin' weeks! I can't believe it! It's so weird to think that we've lived here for 3 years; in this God forsaken state, also known as Kentucky (for those of you who are unaware of how amazing AZ is compared to KY). For example, right now we are again under "tornado warning." Just like the other day when a tornado picked up a semi and then dropped it back down 2 miles from our house. Yup, doesn't that sound just lovely? Doesn't it make you want to pack your bags and leave the perfect 80 degree weather, blue skies and sunshine and come to live here with me...and Farmer Joe? Muahaha, ok now I'm being a little mean to poor Kentucky, but seriously, get me the H*** out of here! So yea, 4 more weeks of actual school, then finals and TA DA...GRADUATION!!! Even though technically I'm still not done with school, it's an accomplishment all the same. I'm so excited! So we should be home around May 12th. We're going to have a few welcome home parties at the end of May too. One at my dad's prob May 16, and one at Josh's parents prob May 30. So mark those days on the calender if you want to come! I would love to see everyone, and I mean EVERYONE! Oh yea, and we sold our house today! Well, we accepted an offer so it should be a done deal (unless the home inspection says we have mold growing in our walls or an underground volcano beneath our house, ya know... something crazy like that). Hooray! So happy and relieved. It was a full price offer and we had to bend a little on other things but we won't lose any money and that is the most important thing in this market! So thanks to everyone who prayed, it worked! Hmmm...what else? Oh yea, Josh and I bought a 2005 Volkswagon Jetta. It's in AZ at my dad's waiting for us, but it is really nice and we love it. So that's good news too. And my last little piece of exciting news (well exciting for me) is that my practicum hours (or internship for nursing school, whatever you want to call it) is going to be partly on a pediatric floor! That was pure luck because we are all supposed to be on Med/Surg floors but they ran out of preceptors so that's what I got, lucky me! So excited, hopefully it will be really fun. Well people, I believe that is it. See you in 5 weeks! AHHHHHH!!!

7 comments:

dnaivf said...

Bonnie BOO!
You and Josh are so cute! I am so happy you will be home so soon. I am so new to this blogging stuff, I have no idea how to do anything other then the basics. Your blog is so cute and I am jealous! It was really good to hear from you today, I swear the last 2 days I have been thinking of you like crazy. I love you sweetie! xoxo

Brett and Rachel said...

I don't know if we are biased because we grew up here, but I ALSO think that AZ is the most wonderful state EVER! Hooray you get to come home and enjoy it again soon!

Mommy's Five Minute Break said...

That is so exciting! I am so happy for you that you get to come home and that your house sold. God is good! I hope we can get together when you get back here!

Greg♥Amelia said...

Bon! I'm so excited for you! Graduation and a move back to AZ all at once :) May is going to be a great month for you! I hope you can save the 17th and 23rd for me (I would love to see you at the shower and wedding)! I miss you like crazy!!! Hope your move goes smoothly...I'll be thinking about you! XOXO

Brett and Rachel said...

Yeah, I do live in AZ. In Peoria near 83rd Ave and Deer Valley. The mall is Arrowhead Towne Center which is at 83rd and Bell Rd. Basically right at the NW corner of the 101 where it stops going west and turns south.
The store is absolutely AMAZING! You will LOVE it! ...And the girly man who works there. :)

Unknown said...

Bonnie! I am so glad you are home. Sorry I didnt make it to your party... david surprised me and took me to the buttes hotel for the weekend for my graduation. what is your email address? my blog is private now. p.s. im calling you this week so we can try to meet up for lunch! mwah

Jodi and Shaun said...

Bonnie is a hottie and so is Josh! Love to you both!